Saturday, April 9, 2011

"Itsy Bitsy Spider"

Here is another new layout featuring (big surprise) my son. The picture was taken on his first Halloween and, as you have probably guessed from the title of this post, he was dressed up as a spider.

The design of the layout is based on a Page Maps sketch for the Scrap That! March Blog Hop; however, I flipped the sketch 180 degrees for my layout.


There are quite a few different papers in this layout but not a lot of techniques. I distressed all the papers and inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. I used machine stitching on the black velvet ribbon and to create the spider-web strings on the left side of the layout.

Materials Used:
Patterened Paper: My Mind's Eye - The Spider's Web Collection - Spider's Silk, Cauldron Bubbles,  Haunted Parlor, Pumpkin Patch, and borders; Echo Park - Happy Halloween Collection - Spider Webs; and Making Memories - Spook Alley Paper Pad; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot; Pink Paislee Chipboard Alphabets Expressions - Licorice; Creatology Halloween Felt Stickers; Dashes, Dots & Checks - Black Velvet Ribbon; Glue Dots - Mini and Memory Book; Memory Tape Runner XL.

TFL,
Sarah

No comments: