Friday, May 27, 2011

"Remember" - Our First Dance

This layout is my interpretation of the May 15 sketch from Once Upon a . . .Sketch. I used The Color Room's Palette #59. The picture is of my husband and me  -- our first dance as a married couple.
 
The background paper is from Pink Paislees Butterfly Gardens collection (love this collection). Ive added some chocolate brown textured cardstock, which I punched with a Fiskars edge punch, and some green and white polka dot paper from Making Memories Vintage Findings Home Kit; the sheer envelope is also from this kit. The postcards are cut from a Making Memories Embellishment Paper (Passport Collection). The "Remember" card is from Glitz Designs Love Nest Whatnot. All the papers were distressed and I inked the edges of everything except the background page with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.

I printed the journaling on vellum and then cut it to fit the shape of the fancy circular green and white polka-dot cut-out.  The journaling reads, "Our first dance together as husband and wife. Our song was Andrea Bocelli's Con te Partiro."
The floral embellishments on this page are handmade – simple gathered ruffle flowers. I saw some lace flowers on a layout by IngridG on Scrapbook.com – I fell in love with them and just had to try making my own. I love how this flower turned out, especially how the cameo centre completes it! I added a couple of peek-a-boos at the edge of the layout using the same lace as in this flower. The green flowers are made with some ribbon from the Making Memories Vintage Findings Home Kit and Ive added a simple glass pearl as the centre. The pearl sprays are from A Brides Wish Wedding Collection.
I love the Dusty Attic hinges and have been wanting to use one on a layout for a while. I thought the heart shape of this one was perfect for this layout. I first inked the hinge with  Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and then misted it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Marshmallow. I then gave it a thick coat of Ranger Crackle Accents. I really like how this turned out – but I think next time Ill try Irene Tan's tutorial for creating a metallic hinge look.

TFL,
Sarah

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee Butterfly GardensBotanical Gardens, Making Memories Embellishment Paper – Passport collection Making Memories Vintage Findings Home Kit – Green and White Polka Dot Paper, Sheer Envelope and Green Ribbon; Bazzill Basics Chocolate Brown Textured Cardstock; Vellum; Glitz Love Nest Whatnot; Creative Décor Lace, We R Memory Keepers Cameo; Glass Pearl Beads; A Brides  Wish Wedding Collection Pearl Sprays; Dusty Attic Hinge; Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Walnut Stain; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Marshmallow; Ranger Crackle Accents; Fiskars Edge Punch; Memory Tape Runner XL; Glue Dots – Memory Book and Mini.

10 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is just fantastic Sarah. Love the picture. SO sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon A..Sketch.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely I love the little Dusty Attic hinge, and how you have covered it, looks great :)

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Beautiful Sarah!!

sandi said...

Very nice! I really like the embellie cluster to the left of the pic...looks fab!

Irma said...

beautiful page!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon a Sketch!

Rossella said...

Thanks for playing with us!Brava!

Shamma Parvin said...

Hi Sarah, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Your page is very elegant and I love the dusty attic hinge. Lovely page :)
Hugs
Shamma

Bente Fagerberg said...

I don't know what happened to my comment....? :-D
I love your page. Especially the effect of the card and envrlope in the middle of the page. Thanks for playing!!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty!! I love how you've used the fabulous Glitz whatnot's and cardstock stickers! Thanks for playing in the "Get Your Glitz On" Clustering challenge!!

Trudi Harrison said...

Beautiful take on the sketch - love the soft colours. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS