Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Roar?"

There are so many cute baby-related collections on the market - I just love Little Yellow Bicycle's new Baby Saurus collection - so I grabbed some of it to scrap some photos of my son. This layout is based on Creative Scrappers Sketch #154. The photos of my son are the "progression of a yawn" and were taken when he was almost 3-weeks old.
This is a very simple layout -- not a lot of techniques -- just some distressing and misting. The main papers are from Little Yellow Bicycle's Snugglebug Collection. The photo mat and title use Bo Bunny Double Dot paper and the title and journaling have some Bazzill Basics textured cardstock as well. The Chipboard Stickers are from the Little Yellow Bicycle Baby Saurus collection. I lightly distressed the edges of all the papers. I cut the dinosaur tracks on my Silhouette and used the negative cut-out to mist the tracks onto the page.
 I printed the journalling and cut it into strips and matted it on the Bazzill textured cardstock. I used 3D foam adhesive to attach the journaling to the page. The title was cut on my Silhouette - I thought it looked a little flat so I grabbed my Sakura Glaze pen and added the orange dots on top of all the dots in the Bo Bunny paper (I  then went back and added the orange dots to the photo mat too).

TFL,
Sarah

Materials Used:
Papers: Little Yellow Bicycle Snugglebug Collection - "Boy Green Flannel" and "Girl Orange Flannel"; Bo Bunny Double Dot Paper Powder Blue Dot; Bazzill Basics Textured Cardstock (Orange); Recollections White Cardstock; Little Yellow Bicycle Baby Saurus Chipboard Stickers; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Forest Green; Sakura Glaze Pen in Orange; 3D Foam Adhesive; Xyron 1.5" Create a Sticker; Memory Tape Runner XL.

4 comments:

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

gorgeous !

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Awww, how cute, the title made me smile!! beautiful work! xx

Camilla Ekman said...

OMG, how cute is this???

LG said...

Love, love, love this layout that you made. Great color combination and the design is outstanding. What lovely photos to scrap too.