Friday, January 13, 2012

12/22/2011 -- William v. Santa Claus

There is a new challenge site called "CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration" that has wonderful, creative and fun challenges. I've decided to play along with Case File No. 1 at CSI and came up with this layout based on the case file requirements. I also used the Stuck?! Sketches January 1st sketch as the inspiration for this layout.

CSI: Case File No. 1

Stuck?! Sketch - January 1, 2012

I was inspired by the format of the CSI challenges and created a "Case File" of my own for this layout. My son was not too happy when we put him on Santa's lap this year - so I've called this layout 12/22/2012 - William v. Santa Claus.

I've used all the colours (or as close as I could get from my stash) from the CSI Case File. All the papers are by Bo Bunny and are from the Noel and Welcome Home collections. The base page has some blue-ish-grey writing to bring in that tone and then I layered the red and green pages. I used a manilla folder as the yellow tone and handwrote my title on the file tab.  I added a cardstock cut-out by K&Co. under the file tab because the sentiment was so appropriate -- this was my son's second Christmas and it truly was a December to Remember.

I have used distressing and a bow as my "evidence" elements. I distressed all the paper and embellishments (no inking though - I was SO tempted but thought it would make the layout too dark).
For my journalling, I have used a tag and a numbered list for the "testimony" elements. I had a little fun with this tag - and used some quotes from The Family Guy and the movie Elf as inspiration for some of my list items. I cut the tag on my Silhouette and printed it on my printer using a font called Grinched. I added some twine, which I wrapped around all the layering elements and tied the tag with a simple bow. I also tucked in a couple of cardstock cut-outs by K&Co. with the tag.

That's all for today. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Materials Used:
Patterned Papers: Bo Bunny - Noel Collection: Joy, Traditions, Noel; Welcome Home Collection - Key; Manilla Envelope; K and Company - Yuletide Collection - Cardstock Elements; Hungarian Hemp Twine; Memory Marker (Black); Memory Tape Runner XL; Glue Dots - Craft.

2 comments:

reneabouquets said...

Adorable layout! Have some photos that look a lot like those-lol! I am going to have to check that website out, cool way to get inspired. If only I had more scrappy time!

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Love your take on the challenge! The pics are great! I hope to take part in a CSI challenge soon.