Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Are you a Good Witch or a Bad Witch?

I've been so busy that I've hardly found time to scrap for over a week - but I finally finished the second layout that I had started on my all-day crop on March 3rd. This is another layout of me and my sister; this picture was taken about four years ago. It is my absolute favourite "grown up" picture of the two of us together. My sister and I both love the movie "The Wizard of Oz" and my sister teases me all the time that I am a witch and then I ask her where her flying monkeys are... Anyhow, inspired by our mutual teasing, here is my layout entitled Are you a Good Witch or a Bad Witch.
With the exception of some Black Core'dinations paper used as the photo mat, all the elements of this layout are from Graphic 45's "Wizard of Oz" paper collection. I tried to get a 'shadow-box' effect with this layout and cut the centre out of the Wicked! paper to frame the layout. I layered the frame on top of the Goblin Gazette paper using 3D Foam Adhesive. Here is a close-up of the layers/dimension in this layout.
I tool-distressed all the papers for the layout and did a lot of fussy cutting. I used an edge punch for a small strip of paper (the reverse side of the Goblin Gazette paper) that I placed inside the top edge of the frame. I used a collage of compasses that I fussy cut from the Wicked! paper as the background for the photo. I also cut the flying monkeys (gotta have flying monkeys!) from the Wicked! paper and used them as a 3D embellishment. The postage stamps are cut from the Parcel Post paper -- you'll notice that they are strategically placed to emphasize who the good witch is (me of course!) and who the bad witch is. I used some of the Emerald City paper and a paper doily that I inked with Distress Ink in Black Soot as layering and as the background for the title. I also added the Wicked Witch of the West square cut from the There's No Place Like Home paper. I assembled the layout intentionally placing all the elements so that the image of Glinda from the Goblin Gazette page at the base of the layout would still show.

For the title, I used a combination of Kaiser Craft tiny alphas in Raisin (for the words "Are you a .....or a...") and Thickers Foam Stickers from the Nightfall collection (for the words "Good Witch ...Bad Witch").

That's all for today! Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Materials Used:
Patterned Papers - Graphic 45 "The Wizard of Oz" - Emerald CityGoblin Gazette, Parcel Post, There's No Place Like Home, and Wicked!; Core'dinations Tim Holtz Distress Collection Black Soot; Kaiser Craft Tiny Alphas in Raisin; American Crafts Thickers Nighfall Collection in Black Elm; Paper Doily; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot; Memory Tape Runner XL; Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares

1 comment:

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Layered and distressed fabulousness, as per usual!