Monday, March 19, 2012

Rock 'n Roll

I finally found some time to scrap and got a new layout done tonight! This one came together really quickly, even though it is kind of outside my normal style. I used the Sassy Scrapper March Sketch for this layout and the new Bo Bunny On the Go collection (so cute and perfect for my little guy). I took the pictures earlier this week - we've had some amazing early Spring weather here in Southern Ontario, so we took advantage of the gorgeous day and went to the park (even though poor Will hasn't been feeling that great).
I followed the sketch pretty closely for this challenge - just making a couple of minor adjustments with the banner and the cluster of embellishments in the centre. All the papers, with the exception of the photo mats and journal card, are from the Bo Bunny On the Go collection. I lightly tool-distressed the edges of all the Bo Bunny papers and then inked them with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. The photo mats are Core'dinations paper which I sanded to get the faded/distressed effect. I popped the photos up on the layout with 3D foam adhesive. I fussy cut the traffic signs and cogs from the Bo Bunny papers for the embellishment cluster in the centre of the layout and the three signs on the right side of the page and added dimension by adhering some of the cut-out elements with 3D foam adhesive.
I used a large chipboard gear from a Maya Road coaster album behind the horizontal photo and some Jenni Bowlin chipboard elements for the banner. I treated all the chipboard pieces with Distress Stain in Stormy Sky and then inked the edges with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. I used a few nail-head brads to attach the twine for the banner. I used a double swag for the banner instead of the single swag on the sketch so that it would better frame the layout/photos.
I used a border strip from the Bo Bunny cut-outs sheet with some My Mind's Eye lined cardstock to create a journal card, which I tucked behind the horizontal photo. I'm trying to make myself journal more for my layouts - so hidden journalling is great because I don't usually like to mess-up my layouts with my (often) terrible handwriting.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Materials Used:
Patterned Paper - Bo Bunny "On the Go" collection - Combo StickersCut-outs, Gears, Roads, and Signs; My Mind's Eye "Lost and Found" collection - Market Street "Love" Demure Paper; Core'dinations Essentials Collection in Vienna Lake; Jenni Bowlin Chipboard Elements; Maya Road Chipboard Gear from Gear Coaster Album; Distress Stain in Stormy Sky; Distress Ink in Walnut Stain; Karen Foster Designs Scrapper's Spool Twine in Cobalt, Blue Gel Pen; Memory Tape Runner XL; Glue Dots Memory Book; Memory Makers 3D Foam Adhesive.

1 comment:

Home sweet home said...

Lovely page with many cute and fab details.:)
Hugs Merethe