Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Adventure - Imaginarium Designs

Hi There! I'm so excited to share with you my first projects as part of the Imaginarium Designs 2013 Design Team! This month I've got a layout a pair of tags to share with you! This post features my layout and I'll have a subsequent post with details/close-ups of my tags!

This layout, entitled "Adventure" and based on the Prima BAP for February, features a sweet photo of my little guy making a dandelion wish! I've been learning to use different features in Photoshop lately and so I altered the colour saturation of this photo to get the muted, dreamy colour tone. I also sanded the edges of the photo to give it a more vintage/rustic look.
I used the Prima Craftsman Paper Collection for this layout - I sanded the edges of all the patterned papers and distressed them. I also did a little water distressing to get the rolled peek-a-boos at the top and bottom of the layout.
I wanted the chipboard pieces to look like rusted wrought iron - so I first embossed them with Distress Embossing powder in Black Soot; then I used a combination of Distress Crackle Paint in Aged Mahogany and  Antiqued Bronze and 'pounced' it on areas of the chipboard with a stencil brush to create the 'rust'.
I used the Steam Punk Clock and cut it in half to frame the photo matting. I LOVE this chipboard piece - it is so cool and I could totally see using it again a different way!
I used the 6x6 Honeycombe chipboard piece in two ways; first, the honeycombe around the outside of the layout and, second, I used a couple of the punched out hexagon pieces and scored them to make them look like screws.
I love how the cluster turned out in this corner of this layout! I used a Prima Craftsman Wood Clock and Wood Buttons and some older Prima Flowers (Artful Collage). I added some paper raffia to the wooden buttons (saved from some toy packaging). I also used a Prima Junkyard Findings Lightbulb as the title element for the layout. I fussy-cut a lightbulb from the Craftsman Engineer paper and coated it with six coats of UTEE to give it dimension and shine and to bring another lightbulb element to the layout.

Imaginarium Designs Chipboard Pieces Used:
Steam Punk Clock (IDS0030)

Honeycombe 6x6 (IDS0054)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate your visits and sweet comments so much!


Other Materials Used: 
Patterned Paper - Prima Craftsman Collection - Engineer, Architect, Mechanic; Prima Craftsman Wood Buttons; Prima Craftsman Wood Embellishments - Clocks and Tickets; Prima Junkyard Findings Vintage Trinkets - Typo Bulbs 2; Prima Flowers - Artful Collage; Corrugated Cardboard; Paper Raffia; Metal Brad; Melt Art Clear UTEE; Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder - Black Soot; Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint - Aged Mahogany and Antiqued Bronze;  Aleene's Tacky Glue; Aleene's Jewel-It Glue; 3D Foam Adhesive; Glue Dots- Craft; Tim Holtz Sander.

No comments: