Thursday, February 7, 2013

True Love - Details and Closeups (ScrapThat! February Kit)

I thought I'd share with you the details and a few close-ups of my "True Love" layout - made with the gorgeous ScrapThat! February Kit "With Love" - featuring paper from Prima's "Romance Novel" collection. This layout is based on the Prima Build-a-Page sketch from January and I chose to scrap a picture of my husband from our wedding day.

This layout was made with the Main kit plus a few items from my stash (i.e. the keyhole heart, heart doilies; vellum and wood embellishments); the flowers are from the ScrapThat! December kit Flower Add-on and the metal Prima key is from the November kit Embellishment Add-on. I also used two colours of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Latte and Tattered Rose, as well as Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist in Cherry Cola
I used the Prima "Romance Novel" Wordsmith paper as the base page for this layout. I added the heart doilies and then stitched around the edge of the layout using a zig-zag stitch -- I wanted it to look sort of like a ECG readout. I cut lots of the smaller elements out of the Bookplate and Messenger papers to use in the layering and also used some Prima packaging in the layering.
Here is a close-up of the lower right side of the layout - the journalling is a quote from the P!nk song "True Love" - which also provided the title for the layout.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate your visits and sweet comments so much!

Materials Used: TBA

No comments: