Saturday, May 11, 2013

c.1979 Details and Close-ups ~ ScrapThat! May Kit ~

This is my second layout with the ScrapThat! May Kit - featuring the Prima "Divine" collection. For this layout, I used the Prima BAP sketch from April and an old picture of my sister and I playing at the beach (in Florida?) - I'm not sure when it was taken, but I think it was probably late in 1979, hence the title of the layout "c. 1979". I used just one sheet of patterned paper for this layout. I watered down some acrylic paint in a spray bottle and spritzed the paper to create the painted background and paint drips. I used a toilet paper roll dipped in watered-down acrylic paint for the drippy circles. I wanted the colours to look beachy but also wanted a very 1970-ish colour palette - I think the coral, teal and brown were perfect for this!
I printed the photo on the vellum included in the kit (I must give kudos to my scrappy-friend Miranda Edney for the inspiration to do this - love her layouts where she prints photos on transparency paper). I used a Prima 'doll' tag from my stash as the mat for the photo - I love how the vellum photo adds to the vintage-feel of the layout and how you can see some the script on the tag through the photo. I added some sisal twine from my stash around the photo and a Prima clip from the Main Kit to the corner.
The flowers are from the Flower Add-On love how they matched my coral paint drips so perfectly! The random Kaisercraft pearls were a perfect little addition to tie in the beachy theme.
The title and hexagons are chipboard from Imaginarium Designs. I painted them with the same colours of acrylic paint as I used for the circles/sprtizing/drips. I then stamped the hexagons with a Prima Sunrise/Sunset stamp using Memento Dye Ink in Rich Cocoa. Finally, I finished off all the Chipboard elements with a thick coat of Distress Paint in Clear Rock Candy. Here are some close-ups of some of the stamped hexagons.
I'll be back tomorrow with details of my final layout with this kit! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

No comments: