Sunday, May 12, 2013

Egg Hunt Details and Close-ups ~ScrapThat! May Kit~

Today, I'm sharing my third layout with the ScrapThat! May Kit. The colours in this kit were just perfect for an Easter layout - so I scrapped these photos of my son hunting for Easter eggs this year. This layout is based on Amy's beautiful sketch. For the layering, I used a medium sized round doily and some music paper from my stash and then matted the photos using the Prima packaging from the Kit Add-Ons.
I just loved the Prima "Divine" papers because they were made to create banners - I used cut the pennants out of the Prima and then matted them on the Core'dinations paper included in the kit. I layered the banner elements and finished off the banner with some baker's twine left over from the ScrapThat! February Kit.
I used flowers from the Flower Add-On and the butterflies from the Embellishment Add-On to embellish the layout. I cut the leaves using my Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die from the 'mesh' included in the kit.
I used the Washi Tape from the Embellishment Add-On to decorate a wooden clothespin as a final embellishment for this layout. You can more clearly see the layering on this layout as well as one of the die-cut leaves in this photo too.
That's it for my shares for the May Kit. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

No comments: