Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dreamer - Details and Close-ups (ScrapThat! June Kit)

Today, I'm sharing the second layout that I created with the ScrapThat! June Kit "From Sunrise to Sunset". This layout is based on the Prima BAP for May and, I have to say, it may be one of my favourite layouts ever.

I started this layout by masking the corners with The Crafter's Workshop mini-Cubist template and with Martha Stewart White Texture Effect. I used three colours of Gelatos (Mango, Lemon and Metallic Melon) to add a tiny bit of colour to the masked areas (as well as to the drywall tape in the centre cluster). I then splattered black acrylic paint on the layout, focusing mostly on the bottom left and top right corners (per the corner decorations on the BAP sketch).
I cut apart the Sunrise Sunset White Hot page and used the elements for the layering. I also added in some drywall tape to the layering - I love how this ads dimension and mimics the background page pattern. To create the holes in the paper, I used my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite - I then randomly tore off sections so they would look like torn notebook paper. I distressed the edges of all the papers and created random layers as the mat for my photo. I printed the photo twice and fussy cut both images, layering the two pictures to create extra dimension for the photo (should have taken an angled picture of this so you could see the layering better!).
For the embellishing, I added some pieces of the crystal sheet included in the Main Kit, as well as a few mini-tiles (leftover from our bathroom renovation!).  I also added a bit of doodling at the bottom right and along the left side of the layers and a few random staples around the layers.

In the bottom left, I coloured the canvas flower included in the Main Kit with black acrylic paint. I took off the button and added a bottle cap and added a stamped circle (Prima Sunrise Sunset stamp) to the centre of the bottle cap. I cut the black plastic mesh from the main kit into leaf shapes and added it around the flowers on the layout.

In the top right, I painted the small doily with black acrylic paint and used the white Sunrise Sunset zipper flower and some more of the mesh leaves. I also added a Prima Industrial Lamp from my stash. The title and mini barbed wire Chipboard elements are simply coloured with black marker.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see my third project created with this gorgeous kit!

No comments: