Monday, June 3, 2013

Grandpa's Girls - Details and Closeups (ScrapThat! June Kit)

Today, I'm sharing the details and close-ups of the first of three projects created with the ScrapThat June Kit  "From Sunrise to Sunset". This layout is based on the ScrapThat! June sketch and features an old photo of me and my sister with our Grandpa (I think the picture was probably taken in the summer of 1977). How cute were my sister and I as little girls!?
I started off the base page (Sunrise Sunset Del Sol) by using the Prima Donna Downey Poppies and Peonies stencil with some Modeling Paste. I then misted the page with four colours of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Lemon Zest, Butternut Squash, Oriental Poppy, Candy Apple Red) that coordinated with the colours of the base page so that the stenciled flowers would take on a similar colour as the base page. Here are a couple of close-ups of the stenciling/misting.
For the torn layers of this page, I used the X-Radient, Celcius and White Hot papers. I am loving torn paper lately and have been using it quite often on my layouts - it is a nice alternative to regular edge distressing. For the borders along the bottom of the picture I tore a strip of paper for the top layer, fussy-cut the scalloped 'lace' from the White Hot paper and punched the bottom border with a Martha Stewart edge punch. I used the Sunrise Sunset Alphabet Letters (Main Kit) for the title and distressed the edges of the letters a bit with my craft knife. Here is a close-up of the layering.
I handmade the flowers on this layout using my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die, coffee filters, mists and the Dress-it Up Flats included in the Embellishment add-on (you also see three of the Flat jewels along the right side of the layering). I'm going to have a full-tutorial on these flowers later in the month! I finished off the flower cluster with some leaves cut from the brown ribbon included in the Main Kit and some twisted pieces of raffia-wrapped floral wire (from my stash).
That's it for today. Come back tomorrow for the details of my second layout with this gorgeous kit!



No comments: