Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sunrise Sunset Tags - Details and Close-ups (ScrapThat! June Kit)

For my third project with the ScrapThat! June Kit, I created a pair of tags - imaginatively called "Sunrise Sunset Tags".... Lots of fun layering and misting on these Finnabair-inspired tags!  I started off the tags using Prima Julie Nutting Doll Tags as the base. I then cut about a third of the tag off the bottom. For the Sunrise Tag, I reattached the bottom with some 7 Gypsies Vintage Pins. For the Sunset tag, I reattached the bottom with some medical tape that I stamped to create my own "washi" tape. I used the buttons included in the EAO for the "titles" on the tags.
For the sunrise tag, I started the layering off with some cheesecloth from my stash. I then used some paper from and the larger doily from the kit. The Chipboard shaped was coloured with black marker and then stamped/heat embossed with Ranger Holographic Embossing powder. I used the flowers/leaves from the Main Kit, plus some white mini-roses and the butterflies from the May Kit to finish off the embellishing. I then misted the tag with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Lemon Zest, Butternut Squash, Tattered Rose and Oriental Poppy, as well as some Smooch Spritz in Wood Stain  to create my "sunrise".
For the Sunset Tag, I started off the layering with the black plastic mesh from the Main Kit. I then used some  paper and part of the Crystal Sheet included in the Main Kit. The smaller tag in the layering is leftover from the December Kit and the Burlap is from the April Kit. I topped off the layering with a chipboard piece from Michael's. For the embellishing on this tag, I used the metal butterflies from the EAO and the Petaloo Spring Darjeeling flowers from the FAO. I then misted the entire tag with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Candy Apple Red, Oriental Poppy and Lemon Zest, as well as some Smooch Spritz in Black Velvet to create my "sunset".
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you've enjoyed the details/close-ups of my June ScrapThat! projects, which I've shared over the last few days!



No comments: