Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Mixed Media Canvas, a Tutorial and a Card ~~~Imaginarium Designs~~~

Today, I'm sharing two projects I created for Imaginarium Designs in June - a mixed-media mini-canvas and a card.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amelia
First up is a mixed-media mini-canvas that I created for a dear friend who just had a gorgeous baby girl! It also happens to be the first canvas I've ever done and I am pretty happy with how it turned out! I used the Bo Bunny Little Miss collection for the background paper and to make all the paper flowers on the canvas. First, I mod-podged the base paper to the canvas and then sanded the edges to soften them. I then did some masking with light molding paste in the corners. I sponged on some watered-down gesso with a sea sponge. over the entire surface of the canvas and then used watercolours around the edges and on the masked areas to tie in with the colours of the papers. I fussy cut the photo (stolen from my friend's Facebook page!) and put it on a cheesecloth 'blanket' resting on top of the sweet baby's name.  The paper flowers were created with a combination of Spellbinders Shapeabilities Bitty Blossoms and Bo Bunny Little Miss Petals. In addition to the chipboard, some Bo Bunny trinkets and buttons were added to embellish the canvas.
For the chipboards on this canvas, I used a watercolour method that I am calling "marbled watercolouring" and I've put together a little photo-tutorial for you on how I accomplished the treatment on the letters.
Here are a few more close-ups of the chipboard pieces on the canvas!


Imaginarium Designs Chipboard Used
Capital Letters - IDAUC0001

Jessica Flourish - IDFL0014

Other Materials Used: Patterned Paper - Bo Bunny "Little Miss" Collection - Little Miss, Little Miss Alice, Little Miss Jamayka; Bo Bunny Little Miss Cardstock Stickers; Bo Bunny Little Miss Petals; Bo Bunny Little Miss Buttons; Bo Bunny Vicky B. Trinket; The Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Template - Mini Chicken Wire Reversed; Golden Light Molding Paste; Mod Podge (Matte); Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso; Artist's Loft Watercolour Pan Paints; Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents; Spellbinders Shapeabilities - Bitty Blossoms; Darice Glass Pearls;  Cheesecloth; Aleene's Tacky Glue; 3D Foam Adhesive; Glue Dots.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Baby Card
For my second project, I made a card for my friend to go along with the mini-canvas (above). Now, I am usually not a card maker. . . as in I never, ever make them - but she is a very special friend and I wanted to create something special for her, so here it is! I used Bo Bunny's Little Miss collection again and added in some Bo Bunny doilies. The flowers are a combination of Recollections mulberry paper flowers and some other flowers from my stash. The brads, sticker frame and flower petals (lower right corner) are also from Bo Bunny's Little Miss collection.
I used the ID "New Baby" sentiment and treated it with a mixture of two colours of Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder (Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick). 
I also used the ID Mini-Birdcage and treated it with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Vintage Photo.
 

Imaginarium Designs Chipboard Used
New Baby - IDW0016

Bird Cage - Small - IDT0019

Other Materials Used: Patterned Paper - Bo Bunny "Little Miss" Collection - Cut-Outs, Little Miss Alice; Bo Bunny Little Miss Brads; Bo Bunny Little Miss Cardstock Stickers; Bo Bunny Doilies - Medium and Small; Recollections Mulberry Paper Flowers; Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Pearl White; Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink; Tim Holtz Distess Embossing Powders - Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo; Aleene's Tacky Glue; 3D Foam Adhesive; Glue Dots.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
That is it for me today - I hope you enjoyed my projects and tutorial. 

1 comment:

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Beautiful projects! The "Amelia" work is fantastic!