Sunday, December 8, 2013

{Free} Layout and Wish Layout ~ Scraps of Darkness Design Team Reveal ~ November "Water Lilies" Kit

Ack! I am SO late posting this!!! December has been ultra-busy and I am behind in my blogging! But I'm here now to show you two more layouts created with the incredible Scraps of Darkness November "Water Lilies" Kit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Free}
*Scraplift of Louise Nelson Layout for 7 Dots Studio


I was inspired by the SOD/SOE Lift a Designer Challenge - this layout is a Scraplift of Louise Nelson's {Heart Heart} Layout for 7 Dots Studio. I adore Louise's artsy style and have always wanted to try to emulate it - so here is my attempt at a Loolabelle-inspired layout! Although there is no title on the layout, I am calling it free - because my son is so happy and free flying down his favourite slide at the park.
 
I started off the LO by misting the 7 Dots Studio paper with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabios in Tweedle-Dee Denim and Curioser Chartreuse. Then I whitewashed over the misted background with watered-down gesso.
 I stamped and heat-embossed the birds using a Tim Holtz stamp and Distress Embossing Ink + Distress Embossing powder in Black Soot. I added some black thread, sequins and rhinestones from the kit, as well as two of the Glitz Design Giant Rhinestones.
The feathers are chipboard by Imaginarium Designs - I painted the feathers with Viva Maya Gold in Turquoise and then rubbed the centre of the feather with Viva Inca Gold in Cobalt Blue; finally, I heat-embossed the ends of the feathers with Stampendous Embossing Powder (Detail Gold).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wish
My second layout today is called "Wish" and features a picture of my son telling Santa his Christmas Wishlist (oddly enough, he asked for slippers...). I am so glad my son wasn't afraid of Santa this year - he was for the past two years! 
I have used the Pink Paislee Color Wash star die-cut paper, along with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst mist in Cheshire Cat Cherry and a hint of Glitz Spritz in Steel Shimmer.  I also added a sheet of white cardstock from my stash, which I stamped and heat-embossed with shimmery snowflakes around the edge; you can also see some the embossed snowflakes on the main page and on the tag. The Inkido challenge this month is Stars and Snowflakes, so I am entering this layout in their challenge (wish me luck)! I also did some masking on the background to create a "snowfall" effect using the Crafter's Workshop 12 x 12 template included in the Colour Add-On and some Martha Stewart Sparkle Texture Effect mixed with heavy gel medium (I find the sparkle texture effect very thick/heavy - it is much smoother and spreads better over the mask if you mix it with some gel medium). 
I used the Prima flowers from the Main Kit and added some of the Sparkle Texture Effect/Gel Medium mixture to them to add some sparkle. For the frame, I used a paint brush to paint it with the Lindy's Stamp Gang mist and, once it had dried, very carefully inked it with embossing ink and heat-embossed it with the silver/white embossing powder - this really helped bring out the pattern on the frame. I used one of the Pink Paislee tags for my title and simply embossed it with stamped snowflakes. I added in some bling from my stash, some Tresors de Luxe lace, torn/crinkled strips of the tissuestock paper from the Kit and some leftover beaded ribbon from the SOD July Kit. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it for me today - I hoped you liked these two layouts with the fantastic Scraps of Darkness November Kit - it is so versatile - I just love it!

2 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Such a lovely and textured page Sarah. I love it to bits. Love the cut out stars too! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkido!!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Gorgeous page! The stars and embossed snowflakes are brilliant thing to do. Thank you for playing with us at Inkido this month. I wish you all the best! :)