Monday, December 30, 2013

This Moment Card & Watercolor Flower Tutorial ~ Scraps of Darkness

I have a quick post to share with you tonight of a card I made using the Scraps of Darkness November Kit. I am not a card maker at heart - but I wanted something simple to showcase the watercolored flowers I made, so I used a Prima paintable card (also painted with watercolors), the dragonflies and some ribbon from the SOD kit and some gold embellishments (actually a piece of a Christmas garland) and gold embossing powder from my stash to create this simple card.
Here is a close-up of the watercolored flowers - I used white Prima flowers and LuminArte Twinkling H2O watercolors to alter them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watercolor Flower Tutorial
I find when I want to alter the color of flowers, spray mists are usually my go-to medium; however, I always find that it takes a lot of spray to get into all the layers of the flowers, so I wanted a better way to alter flowers than over-using my mists! Here is my solution - altered flowers using Twinkling H2Os by LuminArte - you still get the lovely shimmer that is possible with mists, but it uses so much less product and it is much easier to paint between the layers with a paintbrush than trying to spray them!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'll have some new projects to share using the Scraps of Darkness December Kit "Winter Wonderland" in the New Year!

3 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous card Sarah and a great way to alter flowers ... Love it!! ox

Scrappycath said...

So beautiful. Love the effect you achieved!

Unknown said...

Lovely flowers and thanx for sharing! Love those H2O's! Have a Happy New Year!