Thursday, January 30, 2014

Alma's Sewing Room Tag - Scraps of Darkness Tag Trade

I have a quick share with you today - a Tag I created for my scrappy friend Karen (aka Lost Coast Scrapper) for this month's Tag Trade in the Scraps of Darkness/Scraps of Elegance Forum. I decided to create a very soft, pretty Tag this time around and used the beautiful Alma's Sewing Room collection by Pion Design.
I started out with a Prima Doll Tag as a base and did a little masking with some white molding paste and a Prima Doily mask (though this ended up barely visible after all the layers/embellishments). I pleated a strip of old sewing pattern paper and added it to the bottom of the tag, along with a bit of Tim Holtz measuring tape Tissue tape and some white lace. I then fussy-cut various elements from the Alma's Sewing Room papers, machine stitched some of them and then layered them on the large tag base.
As embellishments, I added some Prima flowers, wooden buttons and some cute wooden spools that I wrapped with black/white thread.
Thanks for the visit to my blog - I hope you'll stop by the SOD/SOE forum and play along with our next Tag Trade or ATC Swap - they're SO much fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this one.....tfs
defuscodesign.blogspot.com
please join and creative hugs to you
xo