Sunday, January 26, 2014

Graphic 45 Couture Layered Canvases ~ Scraps of Darkness

I have my first project created with the amazing Scraps of Darkness  January Style and Sophistication Kit to share with you today! I used the Creativity Add-on and layered the two 6x6 canvases to make this "Couture" creation!
I started by priming the canvases with Black Gesso and then misted them with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Jack in the Pulpit Teal mist (Colour Add-on);  I also misted the large black Prima Chalkboard flowers with this mist. I used the Graphic 45 "Couture" collection Stunning paper for the background - I just loved the Peacock feather pattern. I then layered fussy-cut elements from the "Couture" papers, Tags & Pockets, and Chipboard elements. 

The Chalkboard and black flowers are from the Flower Add-on and the smaller teal, green and charcoal roses are from my stash. The gold frame is also from my stash - it was a bit bright, so I rubbed it with some Silks Acrylic Glaze in Black Ice to antique it. The black bling is a remnant from the SOD October 2013 kit.
I made these embellishments using the SOD December 2013 Creativity Add-on. The Martha Stewart Mold coordinated so well with the design on the frame that it was perfect for this project! I used the Paperclay with the mold and, once they dried, painted them with the Lumiere Halo Blue Gold Acrylic (January Creativity Add-on) and then rubbed them with the Silks Acrylic Glaze in Black Ice to Antique them. I love how they turned out!

That's it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

1 comment:

Tracey Gregory said...

What a cool idea!Love it!