Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Little Snowflake ~ Scraps of Darkness

I have one final layout created with the Scraps of Darkness December "Winter Wonderland" Kit to share with you today. I had this precious photo of my little guy all bundled up in his Tigger snowsuit when he was a baby and hadn't scrapped it yet - so here we have "My Little Snowflake".
I primarily used the Authentique "Glistening" collection for this layout - but have also used two pieces from the Bo Bunny Misc. Me Contents pages (Embellishment Add-On) in my layering.  I started out by creating the "divided" base by gluing a 6"x12" piece of the Authentique Glitter paper to the bottom of the Dazzle paper. I then used a Martha Stewart deep edge punch for the two punched border strips across the centre of the layout. Finally, to finish off the base, I used a Prima 12 x 12 mask and some Liquitex White Opaque Flakes medium to give it the look of a snow flurry. Here is a close-up of the masking.
I added a die-cut Misc. Me piece and fussy-cut a second Misc. Me paper to layer under the photos. I used Authentique Cardstock Stickers for the title and also for one of the banner elements - I cut additional banner pieces, using the Authentique Sticker as the template, and glued them onto pieces of wired burlap ribbon.   I raided some leftovers from older Scraps of Darkness Kits for the flowers, resin feathers and burlap bird that embellish the layout.
I was inspired to create this layout by this month's challenge, specifically the colours in the mood board, at Scrap Around the World!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today - I'll have some new projects created with the incredible Scraps of Darkness January "Style and Sophistication Kit" to post soon!
Happy Scrapping!

5 comments:

Gayle Price said...

Wow ! Great page Sarah. Love your background technique and that banner. So many beautiful details here. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at SATW this month.

Elaine coustley said...

I love your background technique & the fabulous resin feathers . great colour choice flowers gorgeous.x

Kim Ewins said...

This is a stunning piece of work. Your background is gorgeous. Truly beautiful work, Sarah :)

Keren Tamir said...

this is adorable Sarah!! both the photos and the LO!! thanks for joining us at SATW!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Was just wondering about the cool texture when I read about the opaque flakes. Gives such a neat effect, love it! Such cute piccies too. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful page with us at SATW!