Friday, March 14, 2014

Here (and) Now ~ Scraps of Darkness Design Team Reveal Part I

Hello Scrappy Friends and welcome to Part I of my Scraps of Darkness Design Team Reveal with the incredible February 2014 A Touch of Grey Kit! My first share today is my layout based on Suepup's February SOD Sketch.
Here is my layout:
 
And here is the sketch that inspired it:
I used the gorgeous Kaisercraft Art of Life collection for this layout and kept to a monochromatic colour palette. I splattered the "Remember" grid paper with diluted Distress Re-Inker in Black Soot and did some stamping around the edge of the page in black using Kaisercraft's Sketchy clear stamp. I also added some gorgeous butterfly stamps around the page (Creativity Add-On) with some Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Stardust Candy Rose (Main Kit) - the holographic effect of this doesn't show up well in the pictures but looks really cool on the page. 

Rather than a large photo, I used the definition of "Moment" from the "Brave" paper and I staggered the two smaller photos rather than lining them up. I heavily distressed the edges of all the papers and scratched the surface of the definition paper to give it a more vintage look. I used the Art of Life Collectibles, some of the Petaloo flowers from the Main Kit and Flower Add-On and some awesome stringy yarn that I got a Michael's to embellish the layout. Once everything was glued down, I spritzed the LO with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst in Opal Sea Oats (Colour Add-On).

As a final decorative element, I added some machine stitching to two of the corners of the layout.

I'll be back later today with another layout for Part II of my Design Team Reveal! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

lost coast scrapper said...

Beautiful work with the kit!! xo