Saturday, October 31, 2015

An Eerie Tale Stacked Coffins and Mini Album - Part 1

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Halloween! Have I mentioned that I LOVE Halloween?!?! This year I've been working on a big project with the Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale collection. I used three coffin nesting boxes and stacked them to create this altered art piece. The boxes are magnetized so that they'll stay together when stacked. The top box is a decorative piece, the middle box can hold some Halloween Candy and the bottom box holds the An Eerie Tale mini-album, which I am going to use for Halloween pictures of my son. In this post I'm going to share some photos and details of the stacked coffins. I'll share the mini-album with you in my next post!
 I started off by painting the kraft-coloured coffins with black gesso. I cut papers to fit the insides and outsides of the boxes and used mod-podge (matte) to adhere all the papers. The magnets that hold the stacked boxes together were glued to the boxes before adding the paper so that they're hidden. I've inked all the papers and fussy cuts with Distress Ink in Black Soot and embellished the stacked coffins with some Spanish moss, painted plastic skeleton, mini-skulls and spiders; inked flowers; frosted/glitter pumpkins; Tim Holtz Apothecary Vials (with black wax sealing the corked lids); and fussy cuts from the An Eerie Tale papers (which I backed on black cardstock).

Here are some close-ups and different angles of the stacked coffins!







And a couple of shots of the un-Stacked Coffins!


Join me again tomorrow for Part 2 of this post in which I'll share a look inside the Coffin Mini Album!
Have a Spooky Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Love them! Thanks for sharing. How did you make the coffins? They are just plain nifty!