Sunday, November 1, 2015

An Eerie Tale Stacked Coffins and Mini Album - Part 2

Hi Crafty Friends! I'm back with Part 2 of my post of my Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale Stacked Coffins and Mini Album.  In this post, I'll share lots of photos and details of the coffin-shaped mini album that fits in the largest coffin box. And I must tip my hat to Anne Rostad, whose mini-albums and tutorials have been such an inspiration.

This album is an accordian fold album, so I was able to decorate both sides of the pages. I used both the 12x12 papers and the 6x6 paper pad to create this album. I've created lots of pockets and tags and added in a few magnets to hold things in place. I've used lots of fussy-cuts throughout the album and only glued down the outside edges of the fussy-cut elements (in most cases) so that I could tuck tags and things in behind them. All the papers are edged with Distress Ink in Black Soot. *Learning experience - if you ink your fussy cuts before using matte medium to adhere them to cardstock (to add durability/thickness), the distress ink will smear and tint the fussy cuts - I used them anyway in this case since its a Halloween album and the dark-tinted fussy-cuts sort of work in a spooky album.

I provide lots more details for each page in each of the sections below! Enjoy!

Front & Back Covers
The front and back covers are both have the same design - a belly band of the "Once Upon an Eerie Tale" border piece, along with a tag and cut-out tucked in behind the belly band and fussy cutting. I've matted all the tags/cut-outs on black cardstock and then embossed core-dinations papers using Tim Holtz embossing folders, and then sanded and inked the embossed papers to get the dark, distressed look. These will make great photo mats for the album!




 Pages 1 & 2
I created some pockets at the base of these pages and reversed the paper patterns on the opposite pages. I added a belly band to the right page and have tucked in some small tags with fussy-cuts from the 6x6 papers and a larger tag and cut-out from the 12x12 papers.
Pages 3 & 4
"The Beauty" and "The Beast" cut-outs were used to make magnetic flaps that are holding some cut-outs and long tags in place. There is also a small pocket at the bottom of these pages with a couple of extra fussy-cut stamps tucked in them. I thought I woudl use the long "bookmark" tags to mat some 'photo-booth' style photo-strips for these pages!
Pages 5 & 6
This is a simple design with  large pockets to hold the two coffin-shaped tags. The fussy-cut pumpkins are loose on the inside/bottom edges so they can hang over the floral border and have a picture tucked under the pumpkin!
Pages 7 & 8
Here are two more pocket pages similar to Pages 1 & 2, though in this case I created two embossed coffin fold-outs to tuck in the pockets! Lots of fussy cuts inside the fold-out that can hold some photos or journalling! I've already added two small tags that can be used for journalling.
Pages 9 & 10
This was such a fun set of pages to create. The 'pockets' are magnetic and actually fold down to reveal a couple of journalling/photo spots. The two mini tag books are also magnetized to hold them in place. I had lots of fun creating the fussy-cut scene on these pages!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I hope you liked my An Eerie Tale Stacked Coffins and Mini Album!
Happy Scrapping!


No comments: