Monday, February 8, 2016

I knew who I was this morning . . . ~ Alice Art Journal Page

I've been playing in my Alice in Wonderland Art Journal again! Its so fun to create pages inspired by one of my favourite books! Today's page was inspired by the quote "I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." 
This colours for this page were inspired by the fun colour palette of the Lindy's Stamp Gang February Color Challenge.
I used three colours from Lindy's Stamp Gang Mad Hatter Magicals SetTweedle Dee Denim, Cheshire Cat Cherry and Curiouser Chartreuse to create the background for this layout. I started out with some watercolor paper and strips of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape. I wanted really intense colours, so I sprinkled the powdered Magicals on my large Gelli Plate and then spritzed the plate generously with water to activate the colour pigments, then I laid my watercolor page facedown on the gelli plate and ran a brayer over the back of the page to spread and blend the colours. SO pretty, isn't it? I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder in Midnight Sapphire to emboss the stamped clock images and then did some more stamping with black Archival Ink. Here are some close-ups of each side of the page and a different angled photo of the page!


Thanks so much for dropping in today! Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

LISA said...

Love love your Alice pages!! The clocks are perfect!! Thank you for joining us for the Lindy's Stamp Gang Challenge this month!!