Wednesday, February 24, 2016

World's Fair Inspirational Shadowbox ~ Creative Embellishments

Today I'm sharing a shadowbox I created using Graphic 45's World's Fair collection together with some awesome Creative Embellishments Chipboard! I just love how the Wrought Iron Fence (Set 2) and the Lamp Post chipboards coordinate and help set the scene for the shadowbox.
I started out by painting the wooden shadowbox with black gesso. Then, I added a generous layer of Finnabair's White Crackle Texture Paste. Once it had dried, I used sandpaper to distress the box a bit and then inked it with Distress Ink in Black Soot to help the crackle show more. Finally, I gave the edges of the box a generous inking with the Distress Ink. All the papers and fussy-cuts are also inked with Black Soot Distress Ink. I used the World's Fair 6x6, 8x8 and 12x12 paper pads on this project, creating lots of dimension with different thicknesses of 3D foam adhesive and cardboard layers for extra dimension. 
To alter the chipboard pieces, I painted them with a coat of black gesso; then, I used Finnabair's Graphite Texture Paste to create a wrought iron look on the fence and lamp post. I painted the lamp lights with a few coats of acrylic paint that matches the papers and finished them off with a generous coat of Ranger Crackle Accents. I took lots of close-ups and angled photos of the shadowbox so you can see the gorgeous texture on the chipboard pieces and all the dimension.




Thanks so much for dropping by my blog today!

1 comment:

Debbie Adams said...

HI Sarah, followed you over from SOD&SOE. I love this shadowbox so fun and full of wonderful details to look at. Great inspiration. :D