Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Love & Family - Large Photo Tags ~ Creative Embellishments March Challenge

It is March 1st already - and that means Spring is just around the corner - and a new challenge is up on the Creative Embellishments Blog! This month I was inspired by the colours and watercolour feeling of the inspiration photo. The twist for March is to show/tell why you feel lucky, so I chose photos of me with my husband ("love") and my son as a baby ("family") because I feel so lucky to have two such special guys in my life! This month, the colours in the CE Challenge also just happen to correspond to the colours of this month's Prima Product Pick - so I'll be entering these tags for the March PPP challenge. 

Creative Embellishments Inspiration Photo
 

Prima Product Pick - March 2016
I've used two Prima Watercolor tags as the base for these - I stenciled each tag with a rose pattern stencil using Finnabair 3D Matte Gel and then misted them with two colours of Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst mists to get an ombre effect. The green tag was misted with Edelweiss Moss Green and Ponderosa Pines Olive; the pink tag was misted with Bodacious Blush and Bougainvillea Fuschia. I've layered papers and tags cut from the Prima Tea Thyme collection under the photos and splattered the paper with white gesso and Shimmerz Inklinz in Burnished Buckle. I have used two Creative Embellishments Door Knockers at the top of the tags and two Creative Embellishments Keys as part of my flower clusters. To alter the chipboard, I painted it with white gesso and then Shimmerz Inklinz in Burnished Buckle. I finished off the chipboard by adding some Antique Copper micro beads to them using Matte Gel Medium.
Here are some close-ups and different angles so you can see all the layers and details.




Challenge Rules:
  • Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of March 1st 2016.
  • Please add your entry to our InLinkz box below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please no back linking.
  • Combining with other challenges is permitted.
  • We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 CE product on your project but it isn’t required to play along. However everyone that does will get and extra chance at winning.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today - and I hope you'll play along with the March Creative Embellishments Challenge!

No comments: