Thursday, March 24, 2016

Unusual Alice ~ Julie Nutting Doll Tags

I have a new Alice in Wonderland-inspired project to share today! I'm playing along with a Doll Tag Exchange over at Scraps of Darkness/Scraps of Elegance and decided to turn my doll into an "Unusual Alice"! I loved the tag I made for my exchange partner so much that I decided to make a second one for myself!
I stamped the Julie Nutting Doll using Black Archival Ink, I added the stripes to the legs and a little belt at the waist using a black fine-tip sharpie and then coloured the image using Prismacolor coloured pencils. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a large black keyhole and fussy cut lots of images from Marion Smith Designs Mad Tea Party collection (6x6) to decorate the tag. I added white roses that I intentionally painted red sloppily (remember the guards 'painting the white roses red' in Alice in Wonderland?) Finally, I added a seam binding bow and some charms to the tag, including a tiny box (cut on my Silhouette Cameo) with a tag that says "Eat Me"; a small glass bottle with a tag that says "Drink Me"; and a metal key - all inspired by Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland. Here are some close-ups and a couple of different angles of the tags so you can see all the details!



I hope my exchange partner, Monica, likes her tag! I had so much fun making it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Scrapping!

No comments: