Friday, April 1, 2016

All You Need is Love - Music-Inspired Art Journal Page ~ Creative Embellishments April Challenge

It is the first of the month and a new challenge is up on the Creative Embellishments Blog! This month's Inspiration Image is full of bright colours and musical imagery - and the twist is to use a song title in your project!
The bright colours, music and guitar in the inspiration image made me think of The Beatles - so I created a page in my Music-Inspired Art Journal for their song All You Need Is Love.
I started the page by cutting up the Hearts Panel 2 and gluing scattered pieces of it over the two-page spread. I added 'drips' from the bottom of the hearts using a hot glue gun and then coated everything with Heavy White Gesso. I added colour to the page by sprinkling several different Finnabair Mica Powders in places and then misting the pages with water to activate the colours. I dry-brushed the heart panel pieces with Finnabair Art Alchemy Opal Magic Acrylic Paint in Aqua-Rose (I wish you could see how the colour changes in different light!). Then, I smudged charcoal pencil around the outside of all the chipboard hearts and the drips. I added the title and the CE chipboard 'Love' (from the Happy Words Set), which I embossed with Ranger Black Embossing Powder. Finally, I inked the edges of the pages with Black Soot Distress Ink and splattered everything with Diluted Black Soot Distress Reinker. Here are some close-ups and different angles of the page.




Creative Embellishments Challenge Rules:
  • Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of April 1st 2016.
  • Please add your entry to our InLinkz box below to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please no back linking.
  • Combining with other challenges is permitted.
  • We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 CE product on your project but it isn’t required to play along. However everyone that does will get and extra chance at winning.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today - and I hope you'll play along with the April Creative Embellishments Challenge!

No comments: