Sunday, July 17, 2016

Hollywood Icons Artist Trading Cards ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi there crafty friends. Today, I'm sharing a set of Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) with you - inspired by two Hollywood Icons, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. I've used images fussy cut from some print-outs of paintings by the contemporary artist Michael Moebius - the Audrey Hepburn painting is called "Tiffany Blue" and the Marilyn Monroe painting is called "Pink Flavour". I always make two sets of ATCs so that I have one to keep and one to trade!
I've used one of each of the Creative Embellishments Mini Ornate Frames on each ATC. I painted them with Prima Art Alchemy Paints in colours that match the bubbles on each image. Then, I added Ranger Crackle Accents to the frame to get a crackled, vintage look. The backgrounds for the ATCs were created with Prima Art Extravagance Antique Silver Crackle Texture Paste. I inked the edges of the ATC with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot. I also used papers from the 6x6 paper pad of Prima's Vintage Emporium collection. I added quotes by each actress to their ATC:
  • Audrey Hepburn - "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
  • Marilyn Monroe - "A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear."
Here are some close-ups of each of the four ATCs!



I'm trading two of these with my partner for the ATC Swap at Scraps of Darkness/Scraps of Elegance - I hope she likes them!

No comments: