Tuesday, August 16, 2016

An ABC Primer Altered Chalkboard ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi There Crafty Friends! Today I'm sharing a a fun "back-to-school" inspired project for Creative Embellishments with you - an Altered Chalkboard using Graphic 45's An ABC Primer collection and the Creative Embellishments Chalkboard Frame Chipboard Set, along with one of Creative Embellishments awesome Chipboard Globes.
I started off with a small chalkboard with a plain pine frame. I painted the frame with blue acrylic craft paint and let it dry completely and then sanded it to distress it. I wanted a vintage/antique look to the wood frame, so I rubbed it with Antiquing Wax (usually used with Chalk Paint) to get the finish I wanted. To decorate the frame, I did lots of fussy cutting of the papers in the An ABC Primer Collection and inked the edges with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. I painted the Creative Embellishments chipboard elements with acrylic craft paint and then inked them with the Vintage Photo ink as well. Lots of close-ups/angles below so you can see all the details of the project!




Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Crafting!

No comments: