Friday, September 16, 2016

"Canada's Wonderland" Layout ~ Creative Embellishments and CSI Case File #212

This month the Design Team at Creative Embellishments is playing along with the CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration Challenge! This is such a fun challenge site with loads of prizes each month! I've created a layout based on Case File No. 212.
To "solve" the case, I started with a solid white background that I misted with Dylusions Ink Spray in Ground Coffee, along with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Marshmallow - this gave it the spilled coffee with cream look I wanted! I also added some stamping of 'spills' and 'coffee rings' using Bo Bunny Stamps and Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa. I went into my stash and pulled out some papers from Bo Bunny's Weekend Market collection. I fussy cut some elements and used my spiral punch on the edges of some of the papers. The papers already had staples on them, but I added real staples too. I used a Creative Embellishments Grunge Circle Frame and pieces cut from the Circles panel. I painted the chipboard elements with shiny gold paint - Prima's Art Alchemy Metallique Acrylic Paint in Ancient Coin. I also painted the brad holding my journalling with the gold paint. The journalling was about our first trip to Canada's Wonderland, which happened the week I made the layout and trust me. . . I needed LOTS of coffee to get through that long day!
Here are some close-ups and different angles so you can see all the details!



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll pop over to CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration and play along with one of this month's challenges! Happy Scrapping!


No comments: