Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Halloween Accordion-Fold Mini Album ~ Creative Embellishments October Challenge

I can't believe its October already! As always, Creative Embellishments kicks the month off with a new challenge! Here is this month's inspiration photo - and the twist for this challenge is to use something metal on your project!
I just love Halloween – so this was a really fun challenge for me! I’ve used two of the awesome 3×4 Wood Veneer Cards (Happy Halloween and Spider Web) as the covers for my album and the tiny skull from the new Everyday Icons chipboard pack as a cover embellishment. For the cards, I created a wash of acrylic paint, pearlizing medium and water to stain the cards. I used Black Soot Distress Ink on the edges of the cards and some black ink on the front cover to highlight the drips and a black aquarelle pencil on the back cover to go over the spider web lines. I also added some glossy accents to the drips on the front cover and to the spiders on the back cover. For the tiny skull, I painted it with acrylic paint in Antique White and then inked it with Black Soot Distress Ink. For the metal element ‘twist’, I’ve added some metal brads to the hinge stickers and a metal ‘oct. 31’ typed token by Tim Holtz.


I used Bazzill Blackberry Swirl cardstock to create the pages/tags for the album and have used patterned paper and stickers from the new Authentique Mysterious Collection Kit to decorate the pages/tags. I inked the edges of all the patterned paper with Black Soot Distress Ink and added some fun yarn from my stash to the tags to finish off the decorating. This album is all ready to add pictures to now!


I hope this project inspires you to play along with the Creative Embellishments challenge this month! Be sure to follow the Challenge Rules so that you're eligible to win the $50 Gift Certificate to the Creative Embellishments store!

Challenge Rules:
  • Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of October 1st, 2016.
  • Please add your entry to our InLinkz box on the Creative Embellishments blog to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please no back linking.
  • Combining with other challenges is permitted.
  • We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 CE product on your project but it isn’t required to play along. However everyone that does will get and extra chance at winning.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on this post the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today - and I hope you have a spooktacular October!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ugh... these are so awesome... I will do my best for the ATC swap LOL I feel bad that you are paired up with me for your favorite time of year!