Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas 'Pinspiration' - Melted Snowman Ornaments ~ Creative Embellishments

I love Pinterest! It is such a great source of inspiration for crafty ideas - so I have to credit this project as a Christmas 'Pinspiration'! I've used the new Creative Embellishments Snowman Parts to create these Melted Snowman Ornaments.
If you have kids - you'll know that Disney's Frozen is still hugely popular - and my son loves Olaf, so I made him these ornaments with Olaf's quote "Some people are worth melting for..." I used inexpensive clear plastic Christmas balls and added some Ornament Flakes (from Michael's) and the Creative Embellishments Snowman Parts inside. I painted the Snowman Parts with Acrylic Paints - and made sure to paint both sides so that when you shake the ornament, the colour is visible on both sides. I added 'icicles' around the top of the Christmas Balls using a DecoArt Glistening Snow Writer (LOVE this product). Then I decorated the top of the ornament with some floral elements and twine and created a burlap banner to mat and hang the quote from the top. My son loves these - and because they are plastic, he can shake them around to find all the hidden Snowman Parts in the 'melted snow' inside! Here are some close-ups!



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Happy Holidays!

No comments: