Friday, December 9, 2016

Rustic Holiday Cards ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi There! Today, I have a set of three Rustic, Wintry Cards using the Creative Embellishments chipboard Reindeer Set. I just love the combination of blue, brown and white for a wintry-look - so I've layered some older Bo Bunny papers with doilies, frayed burlap, cheesecloth and corrugated cardboard and added some burlap twine to the tag elements to create a rustic/shabby look for these cards. I used DecoArt Snow-Tex to add the snow and then splattered everything with watered-down white gesso. The plain chipboard reindeer were already the perfect colour for these cards - so I simply inked the edges of them of Distress Ink in Ground Espresso and added a little 'snow' to their antlers and hooves!
Here are some close-ups of each card:


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

mamablitger said...

Sarah your cards are looking fabolous. You are right : that color combination is so exciting. And you created such pretty cards with lots of texture and lovely details. I love what you made.
Thank you so much for sharing your art for inspiration to us.
Hugs from Monica
Spain