Saturday, January 28, 2017

Reverse Canvas Butterfly "Specimen Box" ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi There! Today, I'm sharing a fun new Mixed Media Reverse Canvas made for Creative Embellishments. I have used Graphic 45's Nature Sketchbook collection to create this Butterfly "Specimen Box".
First, I wrapped the back of the canvas with a sheet of the 12x12 paper and cut out another piece of the patterned paper to fit inside the opening. I added some floral Excelsior around the inside of the canvas' opening and along the bottom edge of the canvas. I used Creative Embellishments chipboard Mini Mushrooms to embellish the lower left corner of the canvas. I embossed the mushrooms using Stampendous Frantage Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel and then added some details to the mushrooms using Croco Crackling Color in Bronze. I used the CE chipboard Flourish 10 to embellish the right side of the canvas - I embossed the flourish using Distress Embossing Powder in Old Paper and then added some Distress Crackle Paint in Peeled Paint to the flourish for extra colour and texture. Once the chipboard pieces were in place, I added the fussy-cuts from the Graphic 45 papers (paper edges inked with Distress Ink in Ground Espresso). Then I added some Prima Art Stones and Mini Art Stones around the bottom of the canvas and the bottom of the opening. I splattered everything with watered-down black gesso. And finally, I did some dry-brushing around the canvas with Art Alchemy Metallique Paint in Ancient Coin.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

1 comment:

Kerstin F. said...

So many beautiful details, I love it!!