Saturday, February 11, 2017

Mon Amour Altered "LOVE" Letters ~ Creative Embellishments

Today, I'm sharing some Altered "LOVE" Letters with you! I found this set of letters at a local dollar store and knew I could turn them into something beautiful for Valentine's Day! I've used Graphic 45's Mon Amour paper collection along with Creative Embellishments Chipboard and Wood Veneers to embellish the letters! The letters can be arranged in a row horizontally or they can be stacked in a square!


I started by covering each of the letters with similar patterned paper in different colours from the Mon Amour 6x6 paper pad. I inked the edges of all the letters (and the fussy-cut elements) with Distress Ink in Black Soot - I love the contrast of the black with the red, pink and ivory in this collection!

On the 'L', I used a CE Chipboard Flourish 17, which I embossed with Stampendous Frantage Embossing Enamel in Aged Ivory. I also used one of the gorgeous CE Wood Veneer Hearts, which I embossed twice - first with a light pink embossing powder and then with an Antique Gold Embossing Powder that I used to highlight the details on the heart. To finish the embellishments, I added in a small Je t'aime sentiment cut from the 8x8 Mon Amour papers, some half-pearls and some small red roses.

On the 'O', I used the circular frame from the CE Heart Frame Set, also embossed with the Aged Ivory enamel. I also used another of the Wood Veneer Hearts (finished in the same way as the previous one) and the "Love" key from the Steampunk Heart 3 chipboard set - I embossed the key with the Antique Gold embossing powder. I framed an image from the Title Page of the 12x12 Mon Amour papers in the opening of the 'O'. I made a tiny envelope from the 6x6 paper for the square You are Loved sentiment, which I cut from the 8x8 paper. Again, I finished the embellishing with pearls and roses.

On the 'V', I used one of the corners from the Filigree Corner Set 1 and embossed it with the Aged Ivory enamel. Another tiny envelope and two square images cut from the 8x8 papers, as well as some more pearls and roses to finish off the 'V'.

Finally, on the 'E', I used another Flourish 17 (embossed in Aged Ivory enamel) and one of the chipboard Mini Frames (embossed with Antique Gold). I framed an image from the 12x12 papers using the mini-frame and then filled in the frame with Ranger Glossy Accents so that it would have the look of a locket. I added an Always & Forever banner (cut from the 8x8 papers) and a few small roses to finish off this letter.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I hope you're celebrating Valentine's Day with someone you love on Feb. 14th!

No comments: