Friday, March 3, 2017

Nature Sketchbook Folio Cover ~ Creative Embellishments March Challenge

Its a new Month! And that means a new challenge is up on the Creative Embellishments Blog! As usual, please be inspired by at least one element in the picture below and mention how you were inspired if it isn’t obvious. The twist this month is to incorporate something that flies.
I'm really looking forward to Spring and some nicer weather, so I was inspired by the butterflies in the challenge photo to create this Nature Sketchbook Folio Cover. I'm going to have a video tutorial up soon showing how I created the insert for the inside of the folio - so be sure to watch for it!
I started out with a small Tim Holtz Folio and used Graphic 45's Nature Sketchbook collection (12x12 papers, 6x6 papers,Tags & Pockets, Decorative Chipboard, and Journaling & Ephemera Cards) to decorate the cover. I've inked all the paper edges using Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. I used the CE Chipboard Flourish Butterflies Set 3, which I embossed with Ranger Black Embossing Powder and then added some patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad to the back. I also used two of the CE Flourish 19 chipboards, which I cut into pieces. I painted the flourishes with Distress Crackle Paint in Peeled Paint and then inked them with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. Here are some different angles and close-up photos of the cover:



I hope you like my interpretation of this month's challenge - I can't wait to see what you create! Remember to follow the Rules for the Challenge so that you're eligible to win!

Challenge Rules:
  • Create a NEW project (i.e., layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc…) as of March 1st 2017.
    • Please no back linking (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge requirements). Please link only NEW projects.
  • Combining the CE Challenge with other challenges is permitted.
  • Please add your entry to the InLinkz box on the Challenge Post on the Creative Embellishments Blog to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge. 
  • We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along; however, everyone who does use CE product will get and extra chance at winning.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on the CE blog post the day after the challenge ends.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, you've inspired me with what to do with my G 45 collection!